Sunday, January 23, 2011

PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS (CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK)

What’s up, it’s your boi Carlos checking in, a.k.a. C-Lo, a.k.a. Straight Cash Homey, representing Eastside ATL, Decatur. One time for my folks out in the DEC, and shout to my people all over the “A”.

Ok, that was my ridiculous rap intro. I’ve always wondered why rappers have to introduce themselves in such “ludacris” way every time someone puts and microphone in their face. Just once, I would love to see/hear an interview with a rapper when he simply introduces himself as Jeff.

I digress….

Now for the real reason we are here. It is time to tell you who I feel will win today’s games and receive a trip to Dallas to play in the game that Jerry Jones was sure his team would be in when the season started. Well, HE IS hosting the game, it’s just to bad that his players will have to buy tickets.

Without further ado, my picks are as follows:

My message to you is the same as it was last week, for those of you who aren’t scared, feel free to post your picks in the comments section of this blog.

NFC Championship Game (Packers at Bears) – First of all, I would like to correct all of the commentators who have been calling this the best rivalry in the NFL. That is not a true statement. While it may in fact be the oldest rivalry in the NFL, it is far from the best. In all actuality, it’s not even one of the best. The fact that today’s game is only the SECOND time they have ever met in the playoffs, proves my point. For it to be a great rivalry, the teams must play in meaningful games. Unfortunately, these two teams have rarely played in meaningful games because they have never really been good at the same time. While the rivalry may be intense in their region and between the fans of the two teams (just as the Saints and Falcons are between the two respective cities), doesn’t mean that it is one of the best and most intense rivalries in the entire league. The two best rivalries in the NFL today are ColtsPatriots and SteelersRavens. In years past, Cowboys49ers and SteelersRaiders have also been intense rivalries. The Packers and Bears don’t come close to these on any level.

Now to today's game. This will be a hard-hitting game that will remind you of the SteelersRavens game in last year’s playoffs (just the hitting, not the closeness of the game). I don’t think neither team will really be able to run the football against the opposing defense. In general, I feel as though the team with the best combination of quarterback, offensive line, and defense usually wins football games. Looking at this matchup, I give the Packers a big advantage in the quarterback comparison, and a small edge in the offensive line comparison. I think the defenses are about even, although they play completely different styles. They are both extremely good at what they do. That being said, look for Jay Cutler to have a Brett Favre type of performance (not the good Brett Favre) and literally throw the game away. I fully expect the Packers to return at least one interception for a touchdown.

Also, I have a quick word of advice for Green Bay Coach Mike McCarthy:
That guy that wears #23 for the Bears and serves as their kick/punt returner is pretty good. As a matter of fact he is the best kick returner in the entire 90 year history of the league, and HE HAS ONLY PLAYED FOUR YEARS! Therefore, if you plan on winning this game, you may want to consider NOT KICKING THE BALL TO HIM!

My Prediction (if McCarthy follows my advice): Packers 24 – Bears 10


AFC Championship Game (Jets at Steelers) – This should be an excellent football game. Both teams have tremendously strong defenses, solid running games, and a game-breaking receiver (Santonio Holmes and Mike Wallace). Mark my words, both quarterbacks will definitely be sacked multiple times this evening. You have James Harrison, Lamar Woodley, and Troy Polamalu wreaking havoc for the Steelers and the Jets will counter with a fierce front-seven in their own right that will be supported by the fact that Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie have the ability to cover opposing receivers all alone without any help from the safeties, which allows Rex to dial-up as many exotic blitzes as his imagination can come up with. Now that the lights are at their brightest, I expect two things to happen in this game, Troy Polamalu will MAKE a big play for the Steelers on defense, and Braylon Edwards will BLOW a big play for the Jets on defense.

Therefore, I would like to tell all of the fathers of 18 – 20 year old girls in Milledgeville, GA to relax because Big Ben is going to the Super Bowl, so it will be at least two more weeks before he will be in your town to spend his off-season.

My Prediction: Steelers 17 – Jets 14

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Northside Marty here reppin Zone 2 of the A-town but shouts out to all my zones. Zones 1-6. I see you SWATS.

On the Milledgeville father comment: (read with British accent) Well done, lad! Well done!

Unknown said...

What's up, this your girl Tameka, a.k.a Meka, a.k.a Lil' Sis, representing dat L-Town (Lithonia to be exact). Shout out to all my "A-Town" fans. Holla at ya gyrl!

So the beginning had me confused for a second I didn't know you had skills like that.

You're 2 for 2 this week great job!

Lil Sis

Scott said...

Yo this is Scott aka Scott MC aka MC aka S-Type aka DJ Tech Support aka Vitamin S aka The A$$oholic aka Atomic 16 aka HE HATE ME aka Da Integral aka Beam Me Up aka Sierra aka S Train aka Sigma aka Da Sum aka Scotty Mack aka Da Mack aka Scott Mizzle aka Triple Dot aka S Corp (I'm a business, man!)

I'm Da Software Hacker, Da Code Cracker, AND Da Booty Slapper

I represent the A, Grant Park, GT, NYC - Lower East Side and Brooklyn.

YO! So I just wanted to say....



nothing. That's it.