Sunday, September 27, 2009

JUST MY THOUGHTS, JUST WHAT I WAS FEELING AT THE TIME, RIGHT OR WRONG

I know, I know, I have been away for a while. School and work have kept me pretty busy over the last few weeks, BUT I AM BACK NOW!!!! Since I haven’t written anything since the NFL season officially started, I decided that I would simply give you my thoughts on the things that have happened up to this point (5 pm on Sunday, September 27th). Today’s early games are done, so I will have some thoughts on those as well.

First of all, the DETROIT LIONS came through for me. I picked them as one of my upsets of the week, and THEY TOOK DOWN THE PATHETIC DEANGELO HALL LED WASHINGTON REDSKINS!!!!

After watching Jason Campbell play so far this season, I now totally understand why the Redskins tried so hard to replace him this off-season. Initially, I felt bad for him, but now I understand why they don’t want him anymore. YOU ARE THE FIRST QUARTERBACK TO LOSE TO THE LIONS SINCE DECEMBER 23, 2007. THAT WAS DURING THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION!!!! I hate to say this, but Jason Campbell days as an NFL starter are numbered.

To date, my top three running backs which all happen to be named Adrian Peterson currently have 357 rushing yards through three games. Peterson is 1,748 yards behind Eric Dickerson’s single season rushing record. He has to average 134 yards per game for the rest of the season to break the record. Stay tuned, I will be tracking his progress throughout the season. If I were a betting man, which I am not, I would bet that he is going to break the record this year.

Speaking of the Vikings, shout out to the Diva that I love to hate. For those of you who haven’t been paying attention, I am referring to Brett Favre. The game winning touchdown pass against the 49ers was amazing. As amazing as that play was, I would be remised if I didn’t warn Viking fans to temper their excitement. This is what Brett Favre does; he makes amazing plays to win big games. But he also throws lots of picks to lose big games. So enjoy this week, because he could very easily throw you out of the game next week.

Please raise your hand if you thought the Tennessee Titans would be 0 – 3 after three games. I certainly didn’t. Now to be perfectly honest, I picked them to finish third in their division (behind the Colts & Texans), but I never imagined that they would be 0 – 3 (especially with Future Hall of Famer Vince Young still on the sidelines).

Mike Singletary has proven to be a much better head coach than any of us could have expected. The fact that the 49ers are 2 – 1 with wins over the Cardinals & Seahawks and a last second loss to the Vikings, shows that he definitely has them on the right track.

Speaking of the 49ers. Where’s Waldo? I mean Crabtree. I don’t know if he realizes it or not, but they don’t exactly miss you right now. It will probably be in your best interest to take the $20 million and join the party, because you are losing leverage with every Shaun Hill touchdown pass. Sorry, bad analogy. I mean to say with every victory because they are hardly throwing the ball.

Speaking of touchdown passes, when did Joe Flacco morph into Dan Marino? He has already thrown for 839 yards and 6 touchdowns. He has already had 2 – 300 yard passing games. Last season, he had the exact same number of 300 yard passing games as I did.

Did anyone reading this ever think that they would see the day when the Pittsburgh Steelers were among the worst rushing teams in the NFL? Their ground game is pathetic. Look for Willie Parker to be removed from the starting lineup soon, simply because they are going to have to try something else. Also remember, they did use a first-round pick on his backup.

Why haven’t the fans in Carolina voted to impeach Jake Delhomme? Why didn’t the Carolina coaching staff and front office bring in a competent backup when they lost Josh McCown for the season? How many picks will Jake throw this season? How many picks does Jake have to throw before Steve Smith punches him in the face (you know he loves doing that to teammates)?

RAY LEWIS IS STILL AWESOME! Check out his game winning tackle below.



Why did Leodis (that is really his name) McKelvin bring that kickoff out of the end zone? Not only should he have known better, but his coaches should have told him to take a knee in that situation if the kick goes into the end zone. Furthermore, he should have fell down on first contact instead of fighting (and exposing the ball) for two extra yards.

How awesome is Peyton Manning? Last week the Dolphins outgained the Colts on the ground 239 yards to 61 yards. The Dolphins also ran 87 offensive plays to the Colts 35. The Dolphins also had the ball for 45:07 of the 60 minute game. And guess what, the Colts still won 27 - 23, because Manning simply scored virtually every time they got the ball (with no threat of a running game). He was also playing with two new recievers. That's all that I have to say about that.

How cold hearted is Bill Belichick? Not only did he trade Richard Seymour, but he sent him to Oakland. Can you imagine how it must feel to be a Patriot one day and then a Raider the next? That’s like winning your first Video Music Award only to have Kanye West deliver your speech. You went from being happy to wondering what in the world happened. To make matters worse, Belichick wasn’t even man enough to tell Seymour (a player that helped him win three Super Bowls) face to face that he had been traded. He told him over the phone. WHAT A SPINELESS BUSTER! I have no respect for that guy. That was a MAJOR MAN-LAW VIOLATION! If I were Tom Brady, I would watch my back when dealing with that guy. Look at how he has treated such players as Lawyer Milloy, Ty Law, Mike Vrabel, Drew Bledsoe, Willie McGinist, and most recently Seymour. If your knee doesn’t return to form very quickly, you will be the Rams starting quarterback next season.

Last but not least, who will win a game first the Buccaneers or the Rams? They don’t play each other this year, so I am really beginning to wonder if one or both of these teams can follow in the Lions footsteps. There aren’t simply two teams who haven’t won a game yet, THESE ARE TWO TERRIBLY PATHETIC TEAMS!!!! I hate to say this, but the Cleveland Browns (with Anderson at QB) would handle both of them. Now that tells you how bad they are.

These are just my thoughts on the NFL season thus far. Feel free to respond to any of these thoughts, or chime in with some thoughts or observations of your own.



AND NOW FOR MY BALLER AND SCRUB OF THE WEEK!

BALLER: Brett Favre (Minnesota Vikings) - I am fair. I will beat you up for throwing picks and acting like a DIVA, but I will also give you props for one of the best game winning plays that I have ever seen in my life. GREAT JOB! But don't get it twisted, when you throw four picks, with one of them being the one that seals a loss for your team (you know its comming), you will be the SCRUB OF THE WEEK. However, this week you saved the day. So you are the Baller of the Week. Congrats!

SCRUB: Atlanta Falcons Defensive Line - I just wanted to chime in and let you all know that in football, IT IS OK TO RUSH THE PASSER! YOU CAN EVEN HIT OF SACK HIM IF YOU GET THERE IN TIME! You guys were terrible against the Patriots. Last I checked the Patriots did not exactly have a stellar offensive line. If you don't believe me, ask the Giants, Jets, and Bills. In case you haven't noticed, the secondary isn't exactly filled with Hall of Famer's who can cover for 8 seconds (which is about how much time Brady had in the pocket). He could have finished reading War & Peace during each play, with the amount of time you were giving him. YOU GUYS HAVE GOT TO DO BETTER THAN THAT!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Mr. Favre, I award you the title of comeback player of the geriatric unit. What a wonderful ending to the game. I am truly upset, because I love the 49ers this year. They are truly special. I feel you on Jason Campbell. I didn't want to mention the elephant in the room, but his tusks are sharp, and I have paper mache walls. Jason, please stop it, Now. You are making me look bad. You are the only quarterback that I back year end and year out with, what I thought, just cause. And it wasn't just me either. "Man, he has never had consecutive years with the same OC." I see why now. I wouldn't want to destroy my career coaching the coach-less. You make me look like a fool. Whew! I had to get that off my chest. Lastly, congrats to Mike Vick for getting back to the league; however, you are not a "Wildcat" quarterback. You are a quaterback with catlike reflexes. Please continue to do what they ask of you in Philly, and learn as much as you can. Try to reconnect with your inner-cat (stay away from the inner-pit), because you will need it next year in either Carolina, St. Louis, or dare I say it, Seattle.

Unknown said...

In addition to the previous comment, I have another frustration award. Carlos, you know how this works. Eric Mangini, please go outside and get curious with a grenade clip. How are you going suck in New York and get another opportunity in the Dogpound? Please, twirl that clip around until you here a tick, and brace yourself!

Pharoah Goolsby said...

Yes, Brett did it again with Greg "Who" Lewis. He inspires people to be better. The tragic hero.

Jason Campbell doesn't believe himself and his coaches don't either. I have yet to see the Redskins open the playbook for this kid. He needs to tuck in that lower lip and study, study, study. Then play, play, play. He reminds me of a talentless McNabb to be honest(carries himself). If he really worked on it I believe he could be good, but until he takes some initiative there's nothing he can do.

The 49ers are foreal. The Browns are not. Belicheck is straight corporate. He uses you and spits you out and doesn't even throw you away, he just litters. Cold. He wins championships though, so I guess that makes him cool, huh? I've never liked the way he accepts defeat either. If I were the opposing coach I would grab his hand, pull him close, and yell in his ear:"take it like a man!!" Brady better watch out too.

Tony Romo will not win the BIG game. Fred Jackson and Mike Bell have turned some heads. Chris Johnson(my projected/correct Rookie of the Year) is getting better...scary. Darren McFadden is not...scarier. JeMarcus Russell. Look you can tell when an organization has not put the time in to coach their number 1 pick AND you can tell when that number 1 pick is not teaching himself what he needs to be learning. He will officially be a BUST if something doesn't happen soon. I've heard that this kid was the next McNabb, Straight Cash Homey. He does have the potential, but he's definitely in the wrong organization to grow. If TO is the organization killer then AL DAVIS is the player killer(Randy Moss while he was there).

The Jets Defense is good. Sanchez has been doing a good job of managing the game and knowing when to get the deep strike, throwing it away, or going to the flats. He's going to be good for a long time if he keeps that way.

Since we didn't have the prediction table this year I would like to call out my division winners: NFC South(Falcons) NFC North(Vikings) NFC West(49ers) NFC East(Giants) AFC South(Colts) AFC North(Pittsburgh) AFC West(San Diego) AFC East(New England) Wild Cards: NFC Packers, Eagles AFC Jets, Ravens

Unknown said...

I feel ya Goolsby, however, I think that the Bengals can run the ball much better than the Steelers can. In stating that, the Bengals will take the Steelers spot this year in the AFC north as the Wild Card. The Steelers won't/can't win the division, they will hopefully make it via the Wild Card if the Bengals slip. And shout out to Chad for taking those golds out of your mouth. You are a grown man, act like it. Who would have ever thought that McFadden and Russell would be busts? I don't know what their doing in Oakland, but I a'int traveling out there. I guess they don't call it the black hole for nothing--talent goes in, but it can't escape on Sundays. In addition to my previous post, "hoodie," aka. Belicheck, is the epitome of a great corporation. I can't hate because he wins. He wouldn't do this stuff if he didn't win, because he wouldn't have a job. So I agree with that also Goolsby. Corporate a'int fair, but it makes money, and that's what the league became all about the Straight...........Ya'll fill in the rest.